Grant Beach Neighborhood Association Home Page
Welcome to the Grant Beach Neighborhood Website. Grant Beach Neighborhood is located in Springfield, Missouri. The Grant Beach Neighborhood Association is a group of citizens working together to maintain and improve the quality of living in our area. We meet monthly on a regular basis to address neighborhood concerns, and encourage residents to start smaller neighborhood watch groups in their block. Here you can find news about your Springfield neighborhood. You can get a calendar of upcoming events and stay in touch with your neighbors.
This is the new website of Grant Beach Neighborhood in Springfield, Missouri. You will find many new sections, many new features, and a whole new layout and look. It is our desire that this new website becomes a truly useful tool for the residents of Grant Beach. PLEASE, use the drop down menus above and surf around and check out our new features.
Mission Statement: "Improving the quality of life in our neighborhood"
- Area of Benefit: The Grant Beach Neighborhood Association (GBNA) benefits the area within the boundaries of Boonville on the East, Kansas Expwy. on the West, the railroad tracks just North of Commercial street, and Chestnut Expwy. on the South, located in Springfield, Missouri.
- Purpose: We believe that people should actively participate as citizens in a democracy and as neighbors in a community. We are a group of citizens interested in working together to maintain and improve the living quality of our neighborhood, motivate the city to address our concerns, be a spawning ground for neighborhood watch programs and build a sense of community among us. Working together, there is little that cannot be done, working apart there is little that can be done.
- Membership: Membership in the Grant Beach Neighborhood Association is open to any resident, landlord, or representative of any business or organization that is 18 years of age or older, located near Grant Beach Park in Springfield, Missouri.
- Membership Dues: Household: $5.00 per calendar year - Business: $25.00 per calendar year (Calendar year is January 1st through December 31st).
- Monthly Meetings: Regular monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of the month. We start off with a Potluck Dinner and Social Time at 6:00 PM; and the meeting begins at 6:30 PM. Beginning in March 2010 the monthly meetings will be held at Weaver Elementary located at 1461 N. Douglas. At this time June, July & August monthly meetings are scheduled to be held at Grant Beach Park at the pavilion.
ANNUAL & ONGOING EVENTS:
The GBNA sponsors and co-sponsors many different events throughout the year. Some of them include:
- Annual Spring Clean-Up
- Annual Fall Clean-Up
- Youth Community Service Program
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Annual Pumpkin Decorating & Costume Contest
- Youth Sports Program (Soccer, Baseball & Basketball)
- National Night Out
- Block parties (GBNA even helps out with the expense and organization)
- GBNA Volunteer Recognition Banquet
- Weaver Walking School Bus
- Karaoke In The Park
- Monthly Board Meeting
- Monthly General Meeting
- Neighborhood Newsletter (minimum 8 per year mailed to appox 2100 households per issue)
Below is a list of events that we have done in the past and may again do in the future.
- Annual Neighborhood Pet Show
- Good Neighbor Service Bank
- Grant Beach Neighborhood Association
- Great Schools: St Joseph, Weaver, Pipkin & Central
- Boys & Girls Club
- Bridges For Youth
- Grant Beach Park: playground, pavilion, baseball & soccer fields, tennis courts, basket ball courts, swimming pool
- Wonderful churches: Central Assembly of God, St. Joseph Catholic, Fransican Villa, Grant Avenue Baptist and more
- Grocery Stores: Wommack's, Price Cutter